On January 21, 2022, an international ministerial-level meeting on Haiti was held at the invitation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada, and under that country’s Chairmanship.
Among the invitees to this meeting were CARICOM’s Secretary General, Dr. Carla Barnett, and the Prime Minister of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Dr. The Hon. Ralph E. Gonsalves. The list of speakers at the meeting is attached hereto.
The interventions of the Secretary General of CARICOM and the Prime Minister of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines at this meeting are attached also. So, too, are two other contributions from Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves:
- “Notes on the Way Forward for Haiti (Ideas Towards a CARICOM Position)” submitted to CARICOM on July 19, 2021;
- Remarks at the United Nations Security Council on Haiti on October 15, 2021.
In our Caribbean we owe Haiti a debt of gratitude; solidarity with Haiti is our solemn obligation. We must be informed on Haiti and stay engaged.
- Speakers List - Agenda - Ministerial Meeting on Haiti
- Revised - Notes on the Way Forward for Haiti
- Remarks by CARICOM SG Ministerial Meeting on Haiti
- Remarks by PM of SVG - International Ministerial Meeting on Haiti
- Statement by PM SVG on Haiti - Arria Formula
SOURCE: Office of the Prime Minister